Those who wish to become a Huawei Certified Network Associate.For those who possess basic IT skills, but lack knowledge of IP networks.
A working knowledge of IT technologies.
- The objective of these programs is to prepare you for the Huawei Certified Network Associate (HCNA) certification. It is for people who are aspiring to become IP networking professionals.
- This course on IP networking provides hands-on experience on Huawei Routers and Switches.
The course comprises of eight online lab modules covering configuration of Huawei Versatile Router Platform (VRP) :
- Routing Protocols as: a) Static, b) Routing Information Protocol (RIP), c) Open Shortest Path First (OSPF),
- Switching Protocols as: a) Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), b) Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and
- WAN Protocols as: a) High-level Data Link Control (HDLC), b) Point to Point (PPP), c) Frame Relay.
- Explain the intricacies of data transmission over IP networks, for competency in supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting IP networks
- Perform IP address planning for establishing well designed networks
- Navigate and manage Huawei products through the virtual routing platform (VRP)
- Build efficient data switching environments through the management of switching products and manipulation of related (STP/RSTP) link layer protocols
- Explain the principles of routing and configure (RIP/OSPF) routing protocols for implementation and support of effective enterprise network routing solutions
- Establish solutions for enterprise network administration and management through application layer services including DHCP, FTP and Telnet
- Establish a fundamental network capable of supporting basic communications
- Enhance link layer performance through implementation of features and services including link aggregation, VLAN technologies and GVRP
- Manage and support Wide Area Network communications over serial links for a range of technologies including HDLC, PPP, PPPoE and Frame Relay
- Apply Network Address Translation (NAT) solutions for private networks
- Provide Wireless WAN network backup solutions over 3G cellular networks
- Provide effective IP security solutions using various security architectures including Access Control Lists (ACL), AAA, and IPsec with GRE support solutions
- Describe and implement solutions for unified enterprise network management, including SNMP and Huawei eSight NMS technology solutions
- Establishment of network and application layer solutions for IPv6
- Establish truly business capable enterprise networks for real-world industries
1. Basic Device Navigation and Configuration Lab
This lab exercise demonstrates basic command line on Huawei VRP (Versatile Routing Platform) for all their datacom devices. In this lab you will learn to login the devices, use basic commands to view different states of device.
2. STP and RSTP
This lab demonstrates the configuration of loop avoidance protocol in switched network by use of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol(RSTP). On completion of this lab, you will be able to perform basic configuration of STP, RSTP and select Root Bridge by changing priority.
3. Configuring Link Aggregation, VLAN and GVRP
This lab exercise demonstrates basic switch configuration on Huawei LAN switch. With the help of this lab explains the basic principle of Auto negotiation, link aggregation, VLAN. For dynamic VLAN configuration GVRP is explained.
4. Configuring VLAN routing and Layer 3 Switching
5. Configuring Static Routes and Default Routes
This lab demonstrates configuration on Huawei AR2200 series router to establish connectivity between two networks through static routing. This lab exercise also demonstrates route backup through static routing to establish connectivity between two networks through static routing via two different paths
6. Configuring RIP
This lab exercise demonstrates the configuration of routing protocol – Routing Information Protocol (RIP) version2 on Huawei AR G3 series Router. This lab exercise demonstrates manual route aggregation in RIP..
7. OSPF Single Area Configuration
This lab exercise demonstrates the configuration of routing protocol, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol with single area on Huawei AR G3 series Router.
8. Configuring FTP
This lab exercise demonstrates the FTP feature of Huawei AR G3 series Router. With this lab users will learn to know how to use Huawei AR G3 series as FTP server and FTP client.
9. Configuring DHCP
This lab exercise demonstrates the DHCP server feature of Huawei AR G3 series Router. With this lab users will learn to know how to configure interface based and global DHCP servers on router.
10. Configuring HDLC and PPP
This lab exercise demonstrates basic configuration of WAN protocol, High-level Data Link Control (HDLC) and Point to Point (PPP) on Huawei AR G3 series Router.
11. Configuring Frame Relay and PPPoE
This lab exercise demonstrates basic configuration of WAN protocol, Frame Relay on Huawei AR G3 series Router. Users will also learn to establish a PPPoE session using Huawei router.
12. Configuring ACL, NAT and AAA
This lab exercise demonstrates configuration of Access control list(ACL), Network address translation(NAT) and AAA features on a Huawei AR2200 series router. It explains configuration of different AAA domains on Huawei routers.
13. Configuring IPSec VPN and GRE
This lab guide demonstrates the configuration of IPSec VPN on huawei router which is used for secure communication between remote offices over internet, In addition it also explains Generic Routing Encapsulation(GRE) tunnel which is used to transport routing protocol updates over other protocols.
14. Implementing IPv6 networks and solutions
This lab exercise demonstrates implementation of IPv6 network on a Huawei AR2200 series router. It also explains configuration of IPv6 routing protocol OSPFv3 and configuration of DHCPv6.