Those who wish to become a Huawei Certified ICT Associate in Routing and Switching. For those who possess basic IT skills, but lack knowledge of IP networks.
A working knowledge of IT technologies.
- The objective of these programs is to prepare you for the Huawei Certified ICT Associate (HCIA) certification. It is for people who are aspiring to become IP networking professionals.
- This course on IP networking provides hands-on experience on Huawei Routers and Switches (through software simulator).
HCIA-Routing & Switching V2.2 Exam Outline
2.1 Exam Content
The HCIA-Routing & Switching V2.2 exam covers basic IP network connectivity, TCP/IP technologies, Ethernet technologies such as STP and RSTP, VLAN and Link Aggregation and their implementation within Huawei switches. Routing principles and technologies including RIP and OSPF for IPv4 and IPv6 networks, WAN technologies, IP based security, network management as well as IPv4 and IPv6 based application services.
2.2 Knowledge Points
IP Network Principles
1) Ethernet and IP based data forwarding processes.
2) TCP/IP network protocols and data encapsulation.
3) VRP commands for basic navigation and configuration.
4) IPv4 addressing principles, address design and subnetting.
5) TCP/IP supporting applications such as Ping, Tracert, FTP, and Telnet.
1) LAN switching operations.
2) Link Aggregation application and configuration.
3) VLAN and GVRP and behaviour, application and configuration.
4) STP and RSTP switching behaviour, application and configuration.
1) Principles and application of serial technologies in wide area networks.
2) HDLC and PPP encapsulation principles and configuration.
3) Frame Relay and PPPoE implementation at the customer edge.
1) Static and dynamic routing principles,
2) RIP and OSPF dynamic routing protocol function and implementation in VRP
1) Traffic Filtering technologies and their application in the enterprise network
2) User management through authentication and authorization schemes.
3) IPsec VPN technologies for protecting user data.
4) How network security is ensured by using network security technologies and firewalls.
1) Network Management protocols and technologies.
1) IPv6 principles and technologies.
2) IPv6 routing technologies.
3) Application services for IPv6 networks
- Explain the intricacies of data transmission over IP networks, for competency in supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting IP networks
- Perform IP address planning for establishing well designed networks
- Navigate and manage Huawei products through the virtual routing platform (VRP)
- Build efficient data switching environments through the management of switching products and manipulation of related (STP/RSTP) link layer protocols
- Explain the principles of routing and configure (RIP/OSPF) routing protocols for implementation and support of effective enterprise network routing solutions
- Establish solutions for enterprise network administration and management through application layer services including DHCP, FTP and Telnet
- Establish a fundamental network capable of supporting basic communications
- Enhance link layer performance through implementation of features and services including link aggregation, VLAN technologies and GVRP
- Manage and support Wide Area Network communications over serial links for a range of technologies including HDLC, PPP, PPPoE and Frame Relay
- Apply Network Address Translation (NAT) solutions for private networks
- Provide Wireless WAN network backup solutions over 3G cellular networks
- Provide effective IP security solutions using various security architectures including Access Control Lists (ACL), AAA, and IPsec with GRE support solutions
- Describe and implement solutions for unified enterprise network management, including SNMP and Huawei eSight NMS technology solutions
- Establishment of network and application layer solutions for IPv6
- Establish truly business capable enterprise networks for real-world industries
1. Basic Device Navigation and Configuration Lab
This lab exercise demonstrates basic command line on Huawei VRP (Versatile Routing Platform) for all their datacom devices. In this lab you will learn to login the devices, use basic commands to view different states of device.
2. STP and RSTP
This lab demonstrates the configuration of loop avoidance protocol in switched network by use of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol(RSTP). On completion of this lab, you will be able to perform basic configuration of STP, RSTP and select Root Bridge by changing priority.
3. Configuring Link Aggregation, VLAN and GVRP
This lab exercise demonstrates basic switch configuration on Huawei LAN switch. With the help of this lab explains the basic principle of Auto negotiation, link aggregation, VLAN. For dynamic VLAN configuration GVRP is explained.
4. Configuring VLAN routing and Layer 3 Switching
5. Configuring Static Routes and Default Routes
This lab demonstrates configuration on Huawei AR2200 series router to establish connectivity between two networks through static routing. This lab exercise also demonstrates route backup through static routing to establish connectivity between two networks through static routing via two different paths
6. Configuring RIP
This lab exercise demonstrates the configuration of routing protocol – Routing Information Protocol (RIP) version2 on Huawei AR G3 series Router. This lab exercise demonstrates manual route aggregation in RIP..
7. OSPF Single Area Configuration
This lab exercise demonstrates the configuration of routing protocol, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol with single area on Huawei AR G3 series Router.
8. Configuring FTP
This lab exercise demonstrates the FTP feature of Huawei AR G3 series Router. With this lab users will learn to know how to use Huawei AR G3 series as FTP server and FTP client.
9. Configuring DHCP
This lab exercise demonstrates the DHCP server feature of Huawei AR G3 series Router. With this lab users will learn to know how to configure interface based and global DHCP servers on router.
10. Configuring HDLC and PPP
This lab exercise demonstrates basic configuration of WAN protocol, High-level Data Link Control (HDLC) and Point to Point (PPP) on Huawei AR G3 series Router.
11. Configuring Frame Relay and PPPoE
This lab exercise demonstrates basic configuration of WAN protocol, Frame Relay on Huawei AR G3 series Router. Users will also learn to establish a PPPoE session using Huawei router.
12. Configuring ACL, NAT and AAA
This lab exercise demonstrates configuration of Access control list(ACL), Network address translation(NAT) and AAA features on a Huawei AR2200 series router. It explains configuration of different AAA domains on Huawei routers.
13. Configuring IPSec VPN and GRE
This lab guide demonstrates the configuration of IPSec VPN on huawei router which is used for secure communication between remote offices over internet, In addition it also explains Generic Routing Encapsulation(GRE) tunnel which is used to transport routing protocol updates over other protocols.
14. Implementing IPv6 networks and solutions
This lab exercise demonstrates implementation of IPv6 network on a Huawei AR2200 series router. It also explains configuration of IPv6 routing protocol OSPFv3 and configuration of DHCPv6.