- Individuals aspiring to be storage engineer
- Individuals aspiring to achieve HCIA-Storage certification
- Operators and Maintainers
- Planners and Designers
- Individual should have basal network knowledge
- Individual should have computer basal knowledge
- Individual should have OS basal knowledge
HCIA-Storage V4.0 Exam Outline
The HCIA-Storage V4.0 exam covers storage basic technologies. It includes but is not limited to the following parts: latest storage technologies and trends, storage technologies for AI, big data and cloud, introduction to storage ecosystems, business continuity solutions and its applications, operation and management of storage system in datacenters.
1) Latest Storage Technologies and Trends.
2) Storage Technologies for AI, Big Data and Cloud.
3) Introduction to Storage Ecosystems.
4) Business Continuity Solutions and Its Applications.
5) Operation and Management of Storage System in Datacenters.
- Know storage system and network basal concept, structure and component
- Know RAID basal concept, data construction way, common RAID principle, feature and different
- RAID application scenario
- Know FC-SAN and IP-SAN basal knowledge and key technology
- Know NAS system basal structure and concept
- Master multipath technology and host connection basal technology and application
- Understand Huawei all series storage product feature and main application
- Master SAN storage array product function, hardware, interface, network and typical application
- Master storage array and mapping configuration
- Master SAN storage product routine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Understand the application scenarios and key technologies of backup and disaster recovery.
- Understand the background and application scenarios of big data.
- Understand the status quo and key technologies of cloud computing
1. Basic Device Navigation and Configuration Lab
This lab exercise demonstrates basic command line on Huawei VRP (Versatile Routing Platform) for all their datacom devices. In this lab you will learn to login the devices, use basic commands to view different states of device.
2. STP and RSTP
This lab demonstrates the configuration of loop avoidance protocol in switched network by use of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol(RSTP). On completion of this lab, you will be able to perform basic configuration of STP, RSTP and select Root Bridge by changing priority.
3. Configuring Link Aggregation, VLAN and GVRP
This lab exercise demonstrates basic switch configuration on Huawei LAN switch. With the help of this lab explains the basic principle of Auto negotiation, link aggregation, VLAN. For dynamic VLAN configuration GVRP is explained.
4. Configuring VLAN routing and Layer 3 Switching
5. Configuring Static Routes and Default Routes
This lab demonstrates configuration on Huawei AR2200 series router to establish connectivity between two networks through static routing. This lab exercise also demonstrates route backup through static routing to establish connectivity between two networks through static routing via two different paths
6. Configuring RIP
This lab exercise demonstrates the configuration of routing protocol – Routing Information Protocol (RIP) version2 on Huawei AR G3 series Router. This lab exercise demonstrates manual route aggregation in RIP..
7. OSPF Single Area Configuration
This lab exercise demonstrates the configuration of routing protocol, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol with single area on Huawei AR G3 series Router.
8. Configuring FTP
This lab exercise demonstrates the FTP feature of Huawei AR G3 series Router. With this lab users will learn to know how to use Huawei AR G3 series as FTP server and FTP client.
9. Configuring DHCP
This lab exercise demonstrates the DHCP server feature of Huawei AR G3 series Router. With this lab users will learn to know how to configure interface based and global DHCP servers on router.
10. Configuring HDLC and PPP
This lab exercise demonstrates basic configuration of WAN protocol, High-level Data Link Control (HDLC) and Point to Point (PPP) on Huawei AR G3 series Router.
11. Configuring Frame Relay and PPPoE
This lab exercise demonstrates basic configuration of WAN protocol, Frame Relay on Huawei AR G3 series Router. Users will also learn to establish a PPPoE session using Huawei router.
12. Configuring ACL, NAT and AAA
This lab exercise demonstrates configuration of Access control list(ACL), Network address translation(NAT) and AAA features on a Huawei AR2200 series router. It explains configuration of different AAA domains on Huawei routers.
13. Configuring IPSec VPN and GRE
This lab guide demonstrates the configuration of IPSec VPN on huawei router which is used for secure communication between remote offices over internet, In addition it also explains Generic Routing Encapsulation(GRE) tunnel which is used to transport routing protocol updates over other protocols.
14. Implementing IPv6 networks and solutions
This lab exercise demonstrates implementation of IPv6 network on a Huawei AR2200 series router. It also explains configuration of IPv6 routing protocol OSPFv3 and configuration of DHCPv6.