Welcome to the Negotiation Skills workshop. Although people often think of boardrooms, suits, and million dollar deals when they hear the word “negotiation,” the truth is that we negotiate all the time.
The art of successful negotiation, which includes looking at a win-win for all parties develops a sense of self worth in individuals and helps foster better relationships.
- Understanding negotiation
- Getting prepared for a negotiation
- Laying the groundwork
- Exchanging information
- About mutual gain
- Negotiating outside the boardroom
- Negotiating on behalf of someone else
- Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Understand and apply basic negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA Lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Understand basic bargaining techniques