Participants attending Optical Fiber Communication course should possess basic understanding of transmission concepts & technologies. He should have relevant experience on installation, commissioning of SDH optical multiplexers.
- Understand the Elements used in OFC cable
- Know the Principle of Optical Communication
- Understand the advantages of OFC over Microwave and Copper cable
- Know different components used in OFC Communication
- Explain the modulation used in OFC Communication
- Understand Losses/Dispersions in the OFC
- Test OFC cable
- Splice OFC cable
- Operate test equipment i.e. OTDR, Splicing Machine, Optical Source, Optical Meter etc.
- Understand the concept of DWDM, its advantages, and ITU spectrum
- Understand the laying procedure in different terrains